Downtown Strong Start Up Space Program:
The goal of the Downtown Strong Start Up Space Program is to create vibrancy and ensure a healthy business diversity in Downtown Johnson City by supporting new business concepts. Through the generosity of the City of Johnson City, the financial support of the Tennessee Economic & Community Development Council, Johnson City Development Authority and the leadership of the Economic Vitality Committee an underutilized storefront in the heart of downtown has been refurbished and is being offered at a reduced market rate to new small business owners. In addition to a reduced rate, the future participant in the program will receive close business mentorship and coaching to help encourage business success. By supporting and investing in local entrepreneurs the Downtown Strong Start Up Space Program intends to develop local and regional talent to strengthen our downtown community and promote a healthy, vibrant, and diverse business environment.
The following are the important dates for program:
- Monday, March 26, 2018: Application, Statement of Understanding & Agreement, and Business Plan are due.
- Tuesday, April 2, 2018: Top three applicants will be notified.
- Tuesday, April 10, 2018 from 5-7pm. The top three applicants will pitch their business to a panel of community judges
- Tuesday, April 10, 2018 at 7:30pm: A reception will take place at the Downtown Strong Start Up Space to announce the business awardee
- On or before Friday, June 1st: The first business participant in the Downtown Strong Start Up Space Program is open for business.
For more information and to apply for the program, please fill out the following application and agreement: